Tuesday, March 15, 2016

.....Rinse and spit

      I workout.
I work out the funk, the emotional baggage and perhaps last nights' guilty pleasures.  (discipline in a dimly lit kitchen......not good)
So,..in the Cardiac workout room or "Situation" room as I call it   ..........CNN, FOX, the VIEW, CNBC, ...peppered w/  court TV, Hollywood gossip and the like are being broadcast. Side by side on a bank of flat screen TVs. All of them struggling to shape the main stream... the viewers.
    
    Sweat flows from unknown ports on my forehead. I'm feeling the 'Chi'....until my eyes catch Trump or Clinton spewing from those 40 inch screens. I kind of puke up a little in my mouth but no taste of bile...it taste of Fox or CNN. I'm force fed rude behavior and ugly displays of statesmanship until I retch with disappointment. Both parties are dumbing down and their supporters are cheering ! What ?
How can thousands...'thousands'.... gather and turn the arena into a professional wrestling display ?
I'm ready for Hulk Hogan to come out and body slam Hillary to the mat....roar!  Here comes Trump in his rubber speedos' jumping up and down. Fake wrestlers tan and fake hair comb. The crowd chants,.. 'U-S-A!'. U-S-A!' Like they're proud they can spell it.
....time to rinse and spit that weird taste.

     'Thank God, I was never into pep-rally's in High school'. I say this to myself as I move on to the elliptical. What a stupid machine. It forces you to motor your arms 'to and fro' while your legs are pedaling..... standing up. ...but it feels challenging so it must but good for you. I'm feeling the pain... life is good and then..... My eyes looked away and up to the TV screens again. Whoopi Goldberg is telling the masses how too interpret what is good for them.......
I kind of puke up a little in my mouth but no taste of bile...it taste of Fox or CNN. I'm forced fed this 'eat this' dish.
No wonder the voting masses are team zombies....it's the force fed brain-dishes ! The only food they can feel through their drive-in TV windows. I love my work outs,...I make sense out of all the pain.
....time to rinse and spit.

    As I retreat to the tread mill my 'Chi' redirects me through the artificial miles I tread. I'm going nowhere fast but it feels good. The endorphins are blooming and all is.......drat. My eyes are 20/20 but they keep me out of focus. I gave my pupils  instructions to ignore this visual cafeteria of crap. What now ?
 I see folks screaming, some with signs held high. False alarm.....the Price is Right is on that screen.

    My Generation was raised on Sky King,(Eisenhower)Frank Sinatra, (JFK) and Walt Disney,(Ronald Reagan).
Generation X and the Millennios have Pokey Man,(Bush) Call of Duty(Fellatio in the Oval office) and Cage Fighting-UFC,(Obama)
Why would I expect anything less from the political arena.

   What a workout,...time to rinse and spit. Never swallow.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment