Friday, April 1, 2016

......retirement status

    Ok,.... I'm working again, part-time.

   Retirement is a strong powerful word. One envisions retirement status as throwing the alarm clock into a black hole. This almost unreachable goal means... ' I win !' (cheering in the background as I receive my Federal S.S. document...
 
I imagine the S.S. check has a watermark stain saying  'Good Luck!') ... the watermark symbol must represent the tears one wells up when they harvest that monthly token.

   Fortunately, my profile is different.  Love has spared me from a lonely bitter taste of bad decisions and storing my winter nuts in the wrong places.  (<--adult theme) So why am I working again ? Why am I designing my weekdays that pull me off the mattress and gives me a purpose ?
                                                               ........and so lies the answer.
Oh, and something about keeping harmony in the household. Whatever.

   Throwing my work history into cyberspace I was hired...sight unseen. What ! Todays hiring practices are a lot easier than I remember them to be. Gone are the awkward interviews where babbling nervous replies to a potential employer were the norm. I mean, I was ready with stock answers.
 " Mr. Wehrle , why do you want to work for our organization...at your age ?"  "Because I enjoy greeting people and I look good in a Blue vest ?"
I jest... but my first offer to accept a position was via internet.  I loved it. No multi-tasking, no deadlines or monthly reports. It was heaven. That job lasted 3 weeks.... another offer came in that offered better pay and daylight hours. I was torn....I really didn't want to dismiss this no brainer job but I was missing quality time with my baby, so...

   I swear .....God loves me and has guided me through all sorts of doors and opportunities.
Unfortunately, this job could be mentally and physically draining. Even though it's part-time it feels of the last non-profit job I had. So,.....I ask myself 'why'. Why do this to myself. I don't need it..... but it certainly needs me.
   Yes,...there was an interview. That should of been the first clue. Yes,...I was interviewed in a Board room with some staff and management. That should of been the second clue. After two weeks of background checks...I accepted the job. <--stupid! Idiot!... look at you stressing again!

   Without mentioning the particulars cause I'm shadowed by a 45CFR Here for CFR that protects the clients. I transport folks who have made wrong choices in life. I transport children who are the victims of those wrong choices and I transport them in an unmarked van on a road system that is fresh and all new to me ! Documentation and logs seem to follow me. What a cool retirement job....not.
   So,.. my questionable history into the subculture (a feel good word for an ugly hard lonesome life) is now producing dividends. I don't judge... I know the unspoken language that I transport. It's a fit.
I can't wait till I see the Pacific and live out my days with my companion. Hopefully,this summer but until then,...I see *God has other plans for me. I could have said 'no' to this job. Why didn't I ? (see *)

  The following picture has nothing to do with this blog...today the sun felt good on my face.

  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment