Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March-ing On

   It's March 1st. (then look back)

  Last week I've disengaged from my job. The employment that supported my son and I since he was two yrs. old. The job that paid the bills, the job that captured the American Dream...a house.
Yes,.... like all jobs over a period of time, fashioned it into a life preserver... involuntarily. (Though I did swim with the sharks long ago. Another blog I suspect). I'm 61 and I've pulled the plug.

  My son has left the proverbial nest, sold the nest in five days, paid off my debts and now anxiously waited for my better three-quarter (far from half) to sell her house and ride the dream we forged. The dream includes the Pacific Ocean... a Peninsula and a dash of bliss...hold the relish.

   I'm living in the valley with my J-girl, (name is changed to protect the innocent) helping her sell her house. 50 miles away from my home of 40 yrs., Anchorage. Yes,... I'm residing in 'that' valley. The Sarah Palin claim to fame valley...though no one claims her here. It's beautiful, surrounded by Mt. ranges and lakes and it taste of retreat living for me but....not.

  Odd that I'm not obligated to the clock much anymore. Early mornings, late afternoons...coming home tired. No more. I feel my wings coming back to me...those wings that I clipped shut since leaving the Army, those wings that help lift me into adventure. I'm almost ashamed that I sacrificed them for main stream swimming.

  As I was going to the gym this morning I was surrounded by traffic that had a purpose. Folks commuting to work.. paying the bills. Just for a second I felt empty... Like my car violated the space it was in. I had a work ethic but no work. So I started a song...singing out loud like I did when my son was with me... making up lyrics. "You guys are going to work today...not me, not me".
Not an i-tunes hit.... but it was 'i' tunes for me.

  So,...here I am. Blogging cause I want to share and record adventures ahead of me and interpret the adventures I had. I like to thank my big brother ...who inspired me to create this one. His link is here...http://brucewehrle.blogspot.com/2016/02/senior-gym-rat.html

...and of course J-girl, for without her my wings would be useless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment